Casual Positions 2019
The Student Representative Council (SRC) and Griffith University Postgraduate Students Association (GUPSA) are recruiting students from the Brisbane and Logan campuses to work on a casual basis throughout 2019 as part of our expansion of the Wellness, Advocacy and Leadership Initiative (WALi).
Successful applicants will be responsible for running Wellness Headquarters (HQs) where they will engage with students in discussions about mental health and well-being as well as provide general information and referrals to supports that are available at the University and in the community. Training and ongoing support will be provided.
Students with previous experience engaging with students who are from diverse backgrounds with a wide range of education and life experiences are encouraged to apply.
To apply please email your resume, cover letter and response to Selection Criteria WALi Position Description 2019 to email@example.com
Please include the following in your cover letter:
- Program of study
- Availability – preferred days/times for working
- Preferred campus/es
- Brief statement (1-2 paragraphs) explaining why you are interested in the role
Applications close at 5.00pm Friday November 30, 2018.
- Applicants must be available for interviews during the week commencing January 14, 2019
- Following interviews successful applicants will be invited to attend 2 days of paid training as well as 2 days of Mental Health First Aid training (if not already certified). Invitation to training is not a guarantee of ongoing employment with WALi
- Applicants must be available for training for 4 x full day sessions in early February 2019
- Upon completion of the training, applicants will be advised as to whether or not they have been successful in securing a position with WALi. Unsuccessful applicants may be considered for other casual work with the SRC and GUPSA at the department’s discretion and pending availability of such roles. Previous applicants need not apply.